Finishing My Website Redesign 📅 18 Jun 202015 Feb 2021 So I recently wrote about how I decided I was going to redesign this website to give it a fresh new look. Well, I’m happy to say that I’ve now finished the “redesign.” What do you think? Pretty much the same, right? Well, I started designing a whole new site with a custom theme that I built from the ground up using the Divi framework. It looked similar to what I have now, but it was a lot heavier and had a tonne of functionality that I didn’t really need. So after spending a couple of weeks building it, and even giving my newsletter subscribers a sneak preview, I decided to ditch it. Instead I went with updates to my old theme. So I’ve done a few tweaks to improve things here and there, but nothing major. Here’s what I’ve done: Complete redesign of the commenting system, which have now been re-enabled across the site.Added more splashes of blue to buttons, links etc.Improved typography everywhere.Reduced the content width to 640px.Improved the notes page.Removed posts categorised as notes from the homepage feed.Numerous other miscellaneous tweaks. I’ve now started maintaining a Github repository for this theme, so if you want to fork it and use it yourself, be my guest. As with everything on this site, it has an open license. My Theme On Github I’m really happy with the decision I made to keep this theme. I’ve worked so hard on it and I know the code intricately, so it’s easy for me to fix issues or make tweaks when I need to. For the time being I’m going to stop pissing around with my theme and concentrate on actually writing content, I think.